Tuesday, May 18, 2010

the Grapevine

Somehow, to me, grapevines are symbolic of Romanticism.

I love vines in general. I used to grow all different kinds of vines but grapevines are the ones that I enjoy growing in my garden. . I think nothing is more romantic and relaxing than sitting under the patio that is covered with hanging loose grapevines over your head on a warm,breezy evening. I used to set up a simple dinner under our grapevine covered patio when we were in California. I set the table with an over sized white table cloth. I often liked to layer a couple of different sized table cloths on the table to enjoy a pretty relaxed look. I cut some of my Hydrangeas(sometimes blue, sometimes pink) and some David Austin roses and put them in a clear glass vase. For the final touch of the arrangement, I added a couple of the grapevines to dress it up little more. Nothing was over done but simple and elegant enough. I brought out candles for the table and I also placed several candles on the ground and some corners of the flower bed. Then I finally sat down with a glass of my favorite wine and my favorite CD playing from the speakers in the garden.

I took photos of this restaurant that we went to last night, some how it reminds me of what I used to like to do in my former garden that I put so much passion and labor into. Of course, my garden was a lot smaller than this vineyard, but I saw some similarities there. We had serious thunder and lightning that was accompanied by a heavy rainstorm while we were in there and it was quite an experience.




















The gravels on the walkway is made out of the glass.










A small, humble water feature welcomes the guests at the entrance to their main vineyard.





























The leaf hanging on the post almost look a like a christmas ornarments.







































The small Tiffany lamp on the reception counter adds some sparkles in the room.













It was quite a experience to watch the lightnning show and the serious rainstorm in a glass covered patio.













Driving home in a heavy rainstorm.

No comments :

Post a Comment