Saturday, May 29, 2010

the "Fireplace Mantle"



















I thought we were going to have a French Limestone fireplace at least in our living room and it turned out to be not that case. So, I needed to come up with some ideas to substitute for the look of the mantle that I was going for and I've found these beautiful samples of mantle photos in a spring issue in Vogue knitting international magazine. How coincidence! Kitting magazine? I am a big fan of ornate moldings and corbels so I think I can come up with a great idea to create a beautiful fireplace mantle with ornamental molding pieces. I am going for bold,yet, elegant. And oversize. I think our carpenter can make one of this samples, I hope.. He advised to me on the other day that he will make a very functional kitchen pantry to store all my items for me. He even told me, "I will make a cute ladder for you to reach the very top of the shelf in the pantry!" I told him, That will be so nice to have a ladder!
What a nice carpenter to have.. ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment