Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Hamlet!

Hi Alex,
We celebrated Hamlet's first birthday with Tango (her older sister) and they got lots of treats and hugs and kisses. They also have a huge basket of toys to play with and antlers to chew on. The two are now best of friends and play together all the time. They sleep together on my bed. Sometimes Hamlet comes over and cuddles with me too. Hamlet got to see his first snow storm when the Hamptons got 2 and a half FEET of snow!! He thought it was very funny and jumped around in it even though it was very cold. He still has beautiful, silky fur.
As I've always told you, Hamlet is the most adorable puppy in the world. He has such a fun personality and will even take a little cat ball and throw it and then run and catch it...then use his paws to get it going again so he can pounce on it. He is very loving and I adore how he uses his paws to actually hug me!
Hamlet is also mischievous and loves digging in the yard (not one of my favorite things he does) but when he comes to the door all dirty and happy, I just rinse him off in the tub. I should have named him "Digger."
He is also a great eater. Lately, he and Tango have been very picky about what I give them to eat (I only give them the best of course but they have turned up their noses at beef stew, steak and salmon)! Things I make for my daughter and me. For some reason they also turned their noses up at my "Coton Meatballs."
In the past two weeks, I think I've found something that is good for them and they love eating. It's Stella and Chewy's raw dehydrated meat, veggies and fruit dog food. They don't like the actual frozen and defrosted version but seem to adore the dehydrated duck, goose, lamb and beef. It's expensive but worth it because it is so good for them. And even more important...they think it's yummy. Makes life easier for me too. It was so frustrating for me to find something they would adore eating. The only treats they like are called "Quackers" which is duck jerky. Tango is allergic to chicken so I don't give them anything with chicken in it.
Remember you thought Hamlet was going to be a very tiny version of a Coton? Well, Hamlet is exactly the same size as Tango now. They each weigh ten pounds. Hamlet is sooo healthy, unlike Tango who often gets allergies and stomach upsets.
You are obviously doing something so right in your breeding! I hope Hamlet's brothers and sisters are as happy and health as he is. I'll email you some photos via my iphone.
Hope all is well with you and your family. Thanks so much for giving us so much joy with the perfect puppy. I'll email you some photos from my iphone.
Best,












No comments :

Post a Comment