Monday, April 20, 2009

Adorable Coton puppy,"Mochi's Story" by young talented writer,Kacey


Mochi’s Story
http://www.snowflowercotons.com/

I awoke feeling warm shafts of sunlight soaking through my fur. Stumbling onto my feet, I turned to see my brothers, Noah and Beau, and my sister, Sofie. Noah was asleep, unfortunately, so I couldn’t play with my favorite sibling. The doorbell rang, and we all rushed to see who it was. I could just make out human figures by the door. One was Alex, our Mom/Breeder. I hadn’t met the others before, but they seemed to be a happy little family. The family seemed very excited. After Alex showed them in, she let our Mommy Scarlet, Daddy Big Beau and Auntie Chanel come into the living room with the humans, and they talked for a while. My puppy-ears weren’t strong enough to pick up much, but from what I could tell, Alex was telling them information about our parents and us.
Alex took the adult dogs back in while the other humans sat in the courtyard and talked. Soon she came and put us in our little carrier, looking kind of wistful. We Coton puppies really pick up on feelings. Alex brought us out into the courtyard and took us out of the carrier to meet the family. It was pretty fun! We just played with them and sat with them and slept on them. Alex even brought out a black box that flashes, which she only brings out on special occasions. Then she said something like, “I’ll send you the pictures.” After maybe forty minutes, Alex took the rest of the puppies back to the room while I stayed with the family. They watched me very closely and interacted with me while discussing with each other. Alex finally took me back some time later before talking more with the family. She told them things about our appetite, hygiene, and sleep requirements. Alex also brought out some of our stuff like our shampoo, food, and brushes. Then she handed them some big packets of paper, and they handed her some little green pieces of paper. The family looked even happier than they did when they came in! Then they left, and didn’t come back again until a couple of weeks later.
At that time, Alex sadly took me in her arms and said good-bye to me. She had seemed sad like that all day! Finally, Alex handed me over to the girl, who took me into a car. I was supplied with my bed and a couple of my toys with my litter scent on them, so I was okay. We took off and arrived at a new house. Since then, that’s where I have been staying, and I think it’s a permanent arrangement. I really like it and so does the girl. In fact, I think they all like it because I heard them saying that there couldn’t be a more perfect dog for their family: quiet, polite, and playful (but not too hyper). From time to time, I still miss Alex and my doggie-family. But I’m getting acclimated to my new family very nicely. I’m sure we’ll have a great time together!

Mochi, formerly named Theo
(As told to Kacey, age 12, the “girl” in the story)

No comments :

Post a Comment