Sunday, March 21, 2010

No Wheat,Corn or Soy for Cotons,Please!

While ago, I've found this little cute book "Organic dog biscuit cookbook kit" by Bubba Rose(www.bubbarose.com)and I thought this is a great book for everyone who cares about their pet and pay attention to what to feed their beloved companions. This isn't just a how to make a biscuit book. You can actually get the idea and insights for what sorts of food(regular meal) that you can make for your companion. I've been preparing my Coton's meal with cooked version from raw diet and this is lot easier for me and lot more tasteful for them(I guess). I am not suggesting any that you also need to change. I like to be created and I modify these menu with different ingredients. I strictly stay away from the food it contains Wheat,Corn,white Flour and Soy for my Coton which they are allergic to them based on the resources. Another thing that I love to get for my Coton is "Raw Bison knuckle bone" with cataliege intact on them. It is a great chew toy I ever have found and they are absolutely loves it. It is big and chunky for them at the beginning but they will have no problem to chew it down. It is good for their teeth and their body since it is made out of calcium. You can find this at any pet food retailer who carries quality raw pet food. The funny thing about my Cotons, they know I always bring something yummy for them whenever my husband and I come home from eating out at the restaurant. My husband likes to make jokes about how I am so obsessed leave some portion on my plate for them to take home. When we arrived at home, the first thing that they do is looking at my hands and sniffing around me to find left over bag for them. It became a habit for them to doing that and I don't mind them doing that. It is a humble pleasure and it is good for my spirit. :}





This is one of quick fix for their meal.



The meat left over from the restaurant last night.(beef sirloin,lamb chop,prime rib and chicken)

Heat up the organic chicken broth with the pea and carrots from the frozen vegetable bag. I use microwave oven for 3 minitutes.

Sprinkle some organic garlic granule,dried parsley flakes and ginger root powder over them. (Even if you don't have organic stuff, you still can use the one that is not organic.)

Let it stand to cool for couple minuites.

Scoop and pour this over in their bowl which you've already prepared some portion of the meat and Castro & Pollux organic chicken and flax seed dry kibble(it doesn't contain wheat,soy and corn and you can purchase this only at Petco or Whole Food market).








No comments :

Post a Comment